Our contact details
Name: Bath Geological Society
E-mail: [email protected]
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Name and title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Geological Association membership
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Application to join the Society as a member
- Attending one of our field trips as a visitor
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful base we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected].
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to notify you of:
- Upcoming events such as our lectures and field trips
- Urgent updates to our schedule such as date or time changes to planned events
- Announcements related to our society
- Geology related third party events or announcements that we think would be of interest to you
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored in data servers located within the United States. As the hosting company is certified to the Privacy Shield framework, it can lawfully receive EU data.
We keep your name and contact details until we are asked to delete them. Once requested, we will dispose of your information by erasing them from our database within one week.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113